Within R&D or Engineering we do tests to verify the specs and tests to improve reliability. In Western Europe, however, we have not learned to test in a structured way if we want to optimize a complex product or process in the direction of reliability. We therefore do not apply it.
What is our approach? We test ad hoc, only change one factor at a time. We are afraid that we would otherwise lose the overview. Often the preparation of the test and the analysis of the results depend on the knowledge and experience level of one person. Moreover, we have no physical quantity to measure the reliability of our product or process to be developed.
Recognizable? But what is the consequence of our current method of improving reliability?
The ultimate consequence of this subjective sequential ad-hoc testing is a long TTM (Time to Market) and with it the loss of market share and competitive advantage.
What is Taguchi | DoE?
As already mentioned, within R&D or Engineering we do tests to verify the specs and tests to improve reliability. With DoE [Design of Experiments] you integrate these tests into a smart test scheme *. This shortens the lead time. Dr. Genichi Taguchi adds 3 more innovative benefits:
1. a measure to measure “reliability”,
2. the relationship between quality improvement and costs (the Loss-Function)
3. comprehensive analysis with graphs, finding an optimum through synthesis.
In a formula form:
Taguchi | DoE = Reliability> and TTM <and Costs <
How does the relationship between DoE and Reliability work at a lower cost in a shorter period of time? You learn that in the training courses.
You work in the field of Reliability or Quality Improvement, Development or Engineering? As a manager, engineer or supervisor. Your focus is quality, reliability, lead time, capacity or costs.
How? Training offers.
You can choose three ways to get acquainted with Taguchi | DoE. In the tables you will find the training content offer in detail.
1. Basic Training Taguchi | DoE
You become aware of a completely different test concept, with innovative tooling:
– Engineering Tool: Design of Experiments. What are the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of testing? A comparison with structured test designs in terms of lead time, reliability and costs, then becomes easily accessible.
– The Loss-Function, the relationship between quality improvement and costs. When do you stop improving quality? A management tool.
– Quality Tool: Taguchi’s quality philosophy regarding reliability and costs. Built from 3 steps: system design, parameter design and tolerance design. How does this work and why does this work?
– Graphic analysis. Taguchi | DoE works with clear graphs without statistics. An important Engineering and Cost Tool.
– Process guidance tool: Agile working with a 7 step Implementation model. A guide to optimally implementing an improvement process. Take into account TTM, Reliability and Costs. Can be implemented in 7 steps.
2. Hands-on Training
You become even more aware of the power of Taguchi | DoE. By working hands-on in a pleasant work setting with practical examples. The agile based 7-step model is further explored and explained on the basis of an accessible learning case or your own case. On day 1 the emphasis is on theory. Day 2 is all about the balance between team creativity and finding the right parameters to optimize. This forms the basis for the engineering decision database and the design of the test: The Design of Experiment. In the table “Handson Training” you will find the aspects that are treated in detail.
3. In House Training.
The more complex your system, product or process, the more interesting DoE | Taguchi is. If your company also has a continuous improvement philosophy regarding reliability or TTM or Costs then Taguchi | DoE is a very important tooling. Do you also think that “learning by doing” is a good method to “anchor new methods”? Then have the knife cut on 2 sides. Take your own case and we will tackle it with the trainees. Learning and doing at the same time.
Make an appointment without obligation and we will make a tailor-made training on the case just for you!
Where, when and costs?
The dates for 2019 are given in the table. You can ask or register via the contact options below. The training always takes place in a small group in the rustic Maashotel in Broekhuizen ad Maas or equivalent location. The training encloses a Certificate.
If you have already followed another introductory training, you are also welcome at a Hands-on training on the second course day. Point this out at your appointment. Use the following contact possibilities:
Frans Balemans | firstname.lastname@example.org
I@E | Innovation @ Engineering | Taguchi Specialist since 1987
www.taguchi.eu | email@example.com | +31 – 6 – 22496503
* The basis of this test schemes was determined by the Ancient Greek 2000 years ago. Dr. Taguchi has recognized the strength of this test schemes for engineering purposes like finding an optimum for reliability.